google-site-verification: google8a28c579d4d1d50e.html, pub-1056893086583015 , DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0, pub-, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Search Box Example 1


You Need A Fishing License To Catch "The Big One" in the Smoky Mountains!

Think Fishing license first!  It's the best idea before starting any fishing trip!  Especially in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Fly Fishing is a popular sport here!  The streams are filled and the fishermen are plenty!  So get your gear together, but remember...DO IT LEGALLY!

Licenses in Tennessee, and North Carolina vary.  In Tennessee, whether your a resident, or not, you must have a valid license if your age 13, or older. Those who are 65 and older can get a special license from the state. In North Carolina, residents and nonresidents need to be age 16, or older.  Those who have reached 65 and older may buy a special license from the state of North Carolina.  Children under 16 in North Carolina, and under 13 in Tennessee can fish with you, however, they're entitled to the adult daily bag and possession limits and subject to all other regulations. 

After purchase,  a license is generally good for a year.  There are several places to pick up your license.  The best place is a TWRA regional office. Several of these offices are located throughout the Sevier County area.  You may also obtain a one at area boat docks, or hardware and sporting goods stores.

Now that you have you've got that all-important fishing license in hand....Grab your gear and head for the mountains!  It just might be your day to catch the "Big One!" 

An excellent source for finding everything you need to know about fishing in the Great Smoky Mountains is through Park Headquarters of Gatlinburg.  Give them a call at 1-(865)-436-1200.  I also have more information on my "Fishing Trips" and "Fishing Tips" pages. 

  Barbless Fishing is a great link to follow for more information on getting a license.


There are alternative ways to purchase one as well.  You can go online, or call toll free 1 (800) 814-8972  for further information.  If you prefer to order by mail, you may do so by writing the TWRA Sales Office - P.O. Box 41729 - Nashville, TN 27204.    You can buy a license in either Tennessee, or North Carolina.  Both are valid inside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Licenses can be purchased in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, Townsend, or any other surrounding towns. You can even purchase them on line, however, you cannot buy your license inside the national park!  No trout stamp is required, but special permits are required if you plan to fish in Gatlinburg, TN, or Cherokee, North Carolina.






At Smoky Mountain Heartsong our desire is to help you plan the perfect vacation and feel the presence of God as you experience His awesome creation!!  We'll show you exciting places, share ideas, and offer helpful tips so that you'll be in-the-know  about everything that happens here!  

Come To Me, All Ye That Labour And Are Heavy Laden, And I Will Give You Rest. - Matthew 11:28